Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Moon


I haven't seen you in what feels like a century

I have nothing to talk to besides the moon, it doesn't talk back, it just stares.

It watches me sleep and hugs me with its light.  
I miss you
I miss your morning calls, and voice mail messages telling me to "have a good day pumpkin". 
I know you are happy with them, but I need to see you.
I am heading off to college soon, and with your disease I won't be able to hear you say-
"I love you." 
That needs to be heard on days like these...not to sound selfish.
I need to see the person who gave me a beating heart.  
I love you 
I love you because your blood runs through my bloodstream.
And that is what's keeping me whole. 


























































































































































1 comment: