Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tissues.

Colds.

I have a box of tissues in my bedroom, on my night stand.
For some reason I forget that they are there.
I have  a cold right now.
I decide to use toilet paper, to blow my  nose instead of tissues.
Above my lip burns as if I put habanero  pepper juice on as lip gloss.
.The tissues have been sitting there for a year. 
Still full of tissues.
Before I even got the tissues, I wished that I had them. Now that I have them I don't use them. 
What the hell Isla...
What the hell.


Tears.

When I cry, I use tissues no problem.
Not the tissues in my room though. 
I run upstairs to the living room, where there is a box of tissues on the little coffee table.
That one is now empty. 
What the hell Isla...
What the hell.






2 comments:

  1. I liked how genuine this came across. I really liked this post. Good job being so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really hit me hard, in a good way. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete