Sunday, February 16, 2014

LOVE

If you are hoping for the definition of love here, please make your own. 
Mine is still pending.
Also trying to explain it gives me a migraine. 
I am as confused as you are.
I almost said "I love you," to him tonight. 
I almost did. I was so close. So close in fact that "I-" slipped off my tongue. A quick, "I-iiii can't wait to see you tomorrow," was my way to escape. 
Saying those three simple words would make me feel too vulnerable. 
Why couldn't I say it?
I felt ready, but is love something you need to be prepared for?
Damn.

I 
Like
yOu
Very
E....much
You
wOnderful
hUman...


...Is basically what love stands for, if you think about it. 

Simple right?
No way, crazy.
I say I love you to my family, and best friends, so why on earth can't I say it to you? 
 You wonderful human.
You are just there, not judging, just being you, with those eyes. 
That's what I love about you. 
Saying "I love you," is not like counting to 3, unless its to your family. Saying it to your significant other however,  is like counting to a billion; difficult. Just stop at 1. 
My heart and brain have been in competition with one another. I think that they are in a tie. 
Not only does my heart want to say I love you, but my brain as well.
So, that's cool I guess. 

-Isla Kirie

















1 comment:

  1. "Saying it to your significant other however, is like counting to a billion; difficult. Just stop at 1."
    Haha! Nice. I like it!

    ReplyDelete